Question Monitor recommendations for competitive gaming ?

May 23, 2023
"Hello everyone,

I'm looking for some recommendations on a new monitor for my gaming setup. I mainly play competitive games like CS:GO, Valorant, and COD, and occasionally dabble in games like Diablo and Destiny 2. I'm also planning to upgrade my PC in the near future, so I want a monitor that will complement my system for at least the next three years.

Currently, I have a Dell S2721DGF (27") monitor with a resolution of 2560 x 1440 and a refresh rate of 165 Hz. While it's been a great monitor, I'm looking for something that not only looks better but also performs better overall.

After some research, I've narrowed down my options to a few monitors. I'm considering the Odyssey Neo G8, ASUS ROG Swift 360Hz PG27AQN, Dell Alienware AW2723DF, and ASUS XG27AQM. However, I'm open to other recommendations as well.

It's worth mentioning that I use my monitor for work and media consumption in addition to gaming, so I typically spend at least 10+ hours a day in front of the screen. I want a monitor that can provide a great gaming experience while also delivering excellent visual quality for other tasks.

I was also contemplating an OLED monitor, such as the LG OLED monitor. However, I'm concerned about the potential issue of burn-in. The retailer offers a warranty for an additional $100 USD that covers burn-in for a year, but I'm still unsure about the long-term risks.
In terms of gaming performance on my current setup, here are the results I obtained:
  • Destiny 2 (High) 1440p: 150-200 FPS (mostly around 180 FPS)
  • Valorant (High) 1440p: 400-600 FPS (mostly around 550 FPS)
  • CS:GO (High) 1440p: 350-400 FPS (mostly around 350 FPS)
  • COD MW2 (High) 1440p: 129 FPS
Considering my preferences and usage, I would greatly appreciate any recommendations or insights from the community. Thank you in advance for your assistance!"

PC specs:
32gb DDR4 ram
i9-9900k
PS5 for single player games

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
After some research, I've narrowed down my options to a few monitors. I'm considering the Odyssey Neo G8, ASUS ROG Swift 360Hz PG27AQN, Dell Alienware AW2723DF, and ASUS XG27AQM. However, I'm open to other recommendations as well.
I'm also trying to decide between the Dell Alienware AW2723DF, and ASUS XG27AQMR. What did you get & why? How is it working out?