Question Monitor Recommendations

Dec 4, 2020
Hi All, I was wanting some help choosing a monitor as I have spent about 5 hours looking for the best suited one for me and honestly am just confusing myself more and more.

1. What Is Your Country Of Origin?
- United Kingdom

2. What do you plan to do with this monitor? (ex. Games, Movie Watching, Photo Editing, etc.)
- FPS games mainly as well as MMO's.

3. What resolution and screen size do you want?
- Preferably curved 27 inches and either 1440p or 1080p depending on cost but am open to all above 24inches

4. What refresh rate do you want? (ex. 60 hz , 70 hz.)
- Minimum 144hz but 165 or 240 possibly if its better suited to my needs

5. How much are you looking to spend?
- Between £250-£350

6. Brands Preferred (ex. Samsung, Acer, Asus, AOC, HP, Viewsonic, etc. )
- Open to any

7. Brands Not Preferred (state reason why)
- N/A

8. Are You Buying More Than One Monitor?
- No just one

9. How Many Displays Can Your GPU Support Maximum? And what GPU and driver version are you using if applicable?
- Not sure but I currently run two

10. What Port Do You Want To Connect To (ex. DVI-D, HDMI, etc).
- Any is fine

11. Is This Monitor A Primary Display Or A Secondary Display?
- Primary

12. Is This A Secondary Display For A Laptop?
- No

Thank you in advance!

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Thank you for including the information which we're always looking for which helps make our lives easier! You can take a look at this shortlist I've made using PCPartPicker. The beauty to that link is that you can narrow down the search by the help of the left navigation pane.

As a side note, what is the make and model of your GPU? That would help us understand if you're connecting natively to the monitor.

Dec 4, 2020
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Thank you for including the information which we're always looking for which helps make our lives easier! You can take a look at this shortlist I've made using PCPartPicker. The beauty to that link is that you can narrow down the search by the help of the left navigation pane.

As a side note, what is the make and model of your GPU? That would help us understand if you're connecting natively to the monitor.

Hi Lutfij,

Thank you for the link, that is very helpful! I have an Nvidia GTX 2060 currently and was going to ask for some advice regarding g-sync compatibility. Is g-sync worth investing the extra money in when I am pretty much only playing games such as warzone, cold war, league of legends etc?

Another question I had mixed thoughts on, would I be better to go for a 165/144hz but 1440p monitor or a 240hz 1080p montior, bearing in mind my pc is good but not crazy like some out there and I only really reach above 200fps on league of legends and warzone only around 110.

Thanks again.