Monitor Refresh rate display issue

That New Guy

Reputable
Aug 12, 2014
Hi guys,

my monitor is native 1080p with a 60hz (59.9) refresh rate... it has been working great up until recently where the refresh rate of the lines on my monitor have become out of sync, creating very very feint white lines going across and down the screen. This happens on desktop and during games, and is definitely not screen tearing... this also just happened randomly one day whilst using the computer... so anyway I went into advanced display and took the refresh rate to 60 (instead of 59.9) and this fixed the issue. the following day, I was playing on 60 (with nvidia control panel synced too) and the problem occurred again randomly while playing and hasn't stopped since. now neither the 59.9hz or 60hz settings display correctly and have the same issue. this also causes discolouration and "dulling" of colour as the refresh rate of the monitor seems to be broken. (Please note that when this happened the first time, If I tried to put the monitor on 59.9 again the problem would re-occur, but wouldn't on 60)

Anyone got any ideas? P.S it's not a software issue, print screens of my games and desktop look fine when sent to external devices, so it's definitely a monitor issue, I just have a feeling it might be on it's way out....

*Edit* whilst typing this I can see very feint moving grey lines moving down the screen horizontally, and looking at the monitor is giving me a headache, everything also looks more Blue...

Cheers guys,