monitor refresh rate

ahnwar14

Prominent
Feb 13, 2018
There are several threads, but I couldn't find a solution through any. Well recently I bought a new monitor-Acer gn246hl-great specs listed. Notably 144hz rr, which many gamers look forward to. However, i cant get the rr to 144hz despite using all the cables the monitor came with. The max rr i could achieve was 75hz through 1024by768. So can anyone help? I am using a dual monitor set up, both hooked up to an amd r7 240.

Solution
According to Acer's User Guide of your monitor, the only information given is "UXGA 1920x1080 144 Hz". It doesn't say how, just that it can. I own an Asus VG248QE monitor that can also do 144Hz but can only be attained with a dual link DVI cable and a compatible Nvidia graphics card. Both of our monitors are 'Nvidia Vision 3D Ready' and 'Nvidia 3D Lightboost Technology' capable. Because this Acer monitor is designed with Nvidia in mind, I'm sure it's V-sync capable but not Freesync capable which is what you would use if you run AMD. So unless I'm wrong and you hook up either a dual link DVI or Displayport cable, adjust resolution to 1920x1080 and are able to adjust refresh rate to 144Hz unfortunately I don't think it's going to happen.

SSBrando

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2008
According to Acer's User Guide of your monitor, the only information given is "UXGA 1920x1080 144 Hz". It doesn't say how, just that it can. I own an Asus VG248QE monitor that can also do 144Hz but can only be attained with a dual link DVI cable and a compatible Nvidia graphics card. Both of our monitors are 'Nvidia Vision 3D Ready' and 'Nvidia 3D Lightboost Technology' capable. Because this Acer monitor is designed with Nvidia in mind, I'm sure it's V-sync capable but not Freesync capable which is what you would use if you run AMD. So unless I'm wrong and you hook up either a dual link DVI or Displayport cable, adjust resolution to 1920x1080 and are able to adjust refresh rate to 144Hz unfortunately I don't think it's going to happen.

Solution

ahnwar14

Prominent
Feb 13, 2018
@SSBrando thx for the suggestion. There seems to be many users who paired an nvidia card over a radeon and actually achieved 144hz. May contact acer to confirm your idea. Thanks again!