xxITERUxx

Prominent
May 20, 2021
Just bought a KVM switch for me to easily switch between my work laptop and my personal desktop.

Problem is, the resolution goes down from 1920x1080 to 1024x768 whenever I switch from my work laptop to my desktop. If I switch back to my work laptop, the resolution goes back to 1080p. I tried switching the connections on the KVM, same thing - laptop has 1080p, desktop has 768. If I plug the monitor directly to my desktop, it still works on 1080p like it did before I used the KVM.

So for some reason my desktop seems to have an issue with the KVM switch. Anything I can do to fix this?

BTW I'm using Windows 10 OS and a BenQ GW2480 monitor. My desktop uses VGA (it's a 6-year old PC) so I bought a KVM which has VGA ports on it. Laptop uses HDMI so I used an HDMI-VGA converter to connect it to the KVM. If that means anything.

Solution
Just bought a KVM switch for me to easily switch between my work laptop and my personal desktop.

Problem is, the resolution goes down from 1920x1080 to 1024x768 whenever I switch from my work laptop to my desktop. If I switch back to my work laptop, the resolution goes back to 1080p. I tried switching the connections on the KVM, same thing - laptop has 1080p, desktop has 768. If I plug the monitor directly to my desktop, it still works on 1080p like it did before I used the KVM.

So for some reason my desktop seems to have an issue with the KVM switch. Anything I can do to fix this?

BTW I'm using Windows 10 OS and a BenQ GW2480 monitor. My desktop uses VGA (it's a 6-year old PC) so I bought a KVM which has VGA ports on it. Laptop...

BTW I'm using Windows 10 OS and a BenQ GW2480 monitor. My desktop uses VGA (it's a 6-year old PC) so I bought a KVM which has VGA ports on it. Laptop uses HDMI so I used an HDMI-VGA converter to connect it to the KVM. If that means anything.
Yes it does mean everything, it's VGA even if you use converter.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS