Question MONITOR RESOLUTION ERROR URGENT!!!

phoonon

Commendable
May 13, 2019
Hello , now i was entering to my computer and then i noticed that the screen wasnt the same as before it was streched my monitor supports 1280x1024 but i dont <Mod Edit> know why does it change to 1280x960 and even with changing the resolution to 1280x1024 the screen puts black and doesnt <Mod Edit> loaad anything.

Pls help meeee.

Sorry the bad words BUT IM REALLY <Mod Edit> ANNOYED .

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Some guesses, in the order I would take them:

1. Bad cable (cheap to replace) or cable connection. Snug everything up. Get urself a nice HDMI or Displayport. If you're still using VGA or even DVI-D my 2c is ditch 'em. Try to avoid using adapters (such as HDMI to DVI-D) if you can, it's one more thing to go wrong. And if you have them, they are suspect.
  2. Video drivers - you can do the recommended clean installation or you can just do Win - X > device manager > display adapters then right click on your gpu card and where it says update driver, update the driver. Sometimes this lazy man's update works. If it doesn't try the clean installation.
  3. Or a new gpu is in your future.
  4. (long shot) the thermal paste is...

gn842a

Honorable
Oct 10, 2016
Some guesses, in the order I would take them:

1. Bad cable (cheap to replace) or cable connection. Snug everything up. Get urself a nice HDMI or Displayport. If you're still using VGA or even DVI-D my 2c is ditch 'em. Try to avoid using adapters (such as HDMI to DVI-D) if you can, it's one more thing to go wrong. And if you have them, they are suspect.
  2. Video drivers - you can do the recommended clean installation or you can just do Win - X > device manager > display adapters then right click on your gpu card and where it says update driver, update the driver. Sometimes this lazy man's update works. If it doesn't try the clean installation.
  3. Or a new gpu is in your future.
  4. (long shot) the thermal paste is failing between cpu and fan heat sink.
Good luck,
Greg N

Solution