[SOLVED] Monitor resolution problem

Amossss

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2015
Hi

After installing a new computer (nuc intel i7 8809g)/windows 10 pro, I have an issue with my monitor and its resolution.

With my previous computer I had 1920x1080, with the new computer, the default was on 1024x768 with only 3 lower resolution options.

After playing with the adapter (radeon rx vega m) settings, I manage to see 1920x1080 but then the screen position is in such way that the taskbar starts exactly where the monitor ends (bottom) and the window's caption (when maximized) starts where the monitor ends (top).

I have an auto adjust in the monitor but this configuration satisfies it.

The monitor (19' or 21') is not new but not that old (I think :)). Could this be problem of old vs new equipment or is it something else?

Thanks

Solution
Hi

After installing a new computer (nuc intel i7 8809g)/windows 10 pro, I have an issue with my monitor and its resolution.

With my previous computer I had 1920x1080, with the new computer, the default was on 1024x768 with only 3 lower resolution options.

After playing with the adapter (radeon rx vega m) settings, I manage to see 1920x1080 but then the screen position is in such way that the taskbar starts exactly where the monitor ends (bottom) and the window's caption (when maximized) starts where the monitor ends (top).

The monitor (19' or 21') is not new but not that old (I think :)). Could this be problem of old vs new equipment or is it something...

Bassplate

Reputable
Hi

The monitor (19' or 21') is not new but not that old (I think :)). Could this be problem of old vs new equipment or is it something else?

Thanks
Try Reinstalling or updating your Graphics driver...Also make sure that in Device manager it shows your Installed graphics Card.
Check for new Windows Updates as well or use a other screen input like DVI/VGA or Hdmi and see if it would jump to the 1920x1080 resolution

Solution

TRENDING THREADS