[SOLVED] Monitor Saying "No Signal Detected" After Putting In New CPU

ddogg26

Honorable
Apr 15, 2017
I've had my computer for about 3 years and it's been great. Recently I felt that my i3-7100 wasn't up to par any more, so I decided to replace it with a ryzen 3600. It came in last week, and I realized my motherboard didn't support it, so I waited another week for the motherboard.

I got it yesterday and I put everything in and tried to turn it on. The LED's and fans came on just fine, but the monitor just said "No Signal Detected" I tried another cable and got the same message. I tried putting in only one ram stick. Same thing. I tried taking out my GTX 1060 and running on the cpu's integrated graphics.

What else can I do to try and diagnose the problem? I read somewhere that it could be a faulty PSU but it was working fine before.

Last edited:

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Taking the pc to a pc store so they can flash bios for you with an earlier Ryzen cpu would probably be easiest.

Either that or buy a cheap Athlon 200ge cpu and flash bios yourself. Or swap the motherboard for a board that can flash bios without a cpu (Msi flashback)

Reactions: COLGeek

ddogg26

Honorable
Apr 15, 2017
The others have given a couple options. Once you sort the BIOS issue, the system should start.

Do you have a friend or family member nearby with an earlier generation AM4 CPU? If so, that might be an option for you.
Could I download the drivers to a USB and do it from there somehow? If not, then I guess I'll have to go to the best buy geek squad or something.

ddogg26

Honorable
Apr 15, 2017
Unfortunately not that easy, if you took notice, the above posts mention needing an 1st gen Ryzen cpu so that's what needs to be done to progress.
Ok, guess I'll have to drop by the Best Buy Geek Squad. I really hope that actually is the issue and it's not something else.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Ok, guess I'll have to drop by the Best Buy Geek Squad. I really hope that actually is the issue and it's not something else.

I understand, if it makes you feel more confident it is most likely the motherboard bios see here;

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-100

And yea i agree with COLGeek's suggestion, check out your local pc shop if one is close by.

Solution