Monitor says no dvi signal please HELP

bobam riley

Reputable
Mar 3, 2015
just bought all my new shiny computer parts, put them together everything spins up nice and bright, hook dvi to my monitor and my graphics card but it says no dvi signal.

specs:
i7 4790k
asus maximus VII formula
gtx 980 strix
asus vg248qe

Solution
Hook the DVI to your motherboard for the first boot. The 4790k on your Maximus VII Formula will default the graphics to Intel's integrated Iris Pro graphics, which routs to your motherboard. It ignores your GPU until you configure it to apply.

Once you boot and get signal, go into your motherboard's BIOS, disable the integrated graphics, and switch the DVI to your GPU for the next boot. Boom! You've just upgraded from integrated graphics to a 980 ;-)

Eggz

Distinguished
Hook the DVI to your motherboard for the first boot. The 4790k on your Maximus VII Formula will default the graphics to Intel's integrated Iris Pro graphics, which routs to your motherboard. It ignores your GPU until you configure it to apply.

Once you boot and get signal, go into your motherboard's BIOS, disable the integrated graphics, and switch the DVI to your GPU for the next boot. Boom! You've just upgraded from integrated graphics to a 980 ;-)

Solution