Monitor says no signal despite computer starting

Feb 17, 2018
This is an on going issue, when I start my computer it will POST but then my monitor says no signal when windows 10 has loaded. Less frequently has it actually worked and windows is displayed on the monitor.
Startup repair doesn't work. I cannot access the BIOS either.

Feb 17, 2018

Everything is brand new except for the GPU, though I still have the same issue with and without the card in.

Wolfshadw

Titan
1) Without a graphics card installed, you shouldn't see anything as the display would need to be plugged into the motherboard outputs and your motherboard/CPU do not have on-board graphics.

2) If your display is connected to the output of the graphics card and you're experiencing this issue:

a. Try reinstalling the graphic card drivers if possible.
b. Try reseating the graphics card, making sure there is no dust in the PCI-Ex16 expansion slot.
c. Try using a different output of the graphics card.
d. Try using a different input on the display (forgot to ask what model display you have).

I'd suspect it's either a dying graphics card or a dying display.

-Wolf sends

Feb 17, 2018

Thanks for the quick response, the graphics card is second hand but when use during gaming, animation, and modelling programs there is no graphical artifacts. I did notice a small amount of dust in the PCI-E slot so hopefully removing the dust will fix the problem. I will get back to you with the results.