Monitor says "no signal" despite the PC being turned on

Sep 25, 2018
Hi all,

I've recently moved to university and I've brought my PC with me. I wrapped it pretty securely in bubblewrap, so I'm praying I've not broken it. I've connected my PC to my monitor, tried switching it on, the lights in the PC are all turned on but the monitor still says "no signal".

Any ideas what could be wrong with my PC??

PC Part List

P5pWcyC.jpg

Here's a picture without the side panel on.

Just to make sure: the only cables that I need to plug into my PC are a power cable and a HDMI cable?

I can provide anymore info if needed.

Thanks for any help!

Solution
You have probably checked all the cables are in securely but just in case, it can sometimes just be the HDMI cable...so pull it out whilst it is on and push it back in to see if that makes a difference. Also pop the GPU out and then put it back in as it might have loosened from the PCIe connection on the motherboard. Apologies if this is done but I cant see the 8 pin CPU power cable because of your huge CPU cooler..just making sure its in..
You have probably checked all the cables are in securely but just in case, it can sometimes just be the HDMI cable...so pull it out whilst it is on and push it back in to see if that makes a difference. Also pop the GPU out and then put it back in as it might have loosened from the PCIe connection on the motherboard. Apologies if this is done but I cant see the 8 pin CPU power cable because of your huge CPU cooler..just making sure its in..

Solution