Question Monitor says no signal even though PC turns on

Sep 17, 2022
Every time I turn on my pc my fans start and continue to run, So im sure my pc is 100% turned on, I have tested different cables, I have test display port with the gpu and the motherboard but each time my monitor will say no signal. I have tried another gpu but sames happen with that gpu as well. The Monitor is also fine because I have tested it with a laptop, but when I go back to the pc its still no signal. I do not know what can be the problem I have even cleaned my ram too.

The components that i know i have right now is a EVGA GeForce GTX 1060, dell e93839 KA0121 motherboard, the cpu im not sure.

Please help me.

Ralston18

Titan
The PC may not be "100% turned on".

Depending on make, model, wattage, age, history of use, the PSU may be starting to fail/falter,

Reason: the PSU (Power Supply Unit) for the PC provides three different voltages (3, 5, and 12) to various system components.

So if there is a problem with one particular voltage some things may "work" (actually "appear to work") while other components do not.

Try to learn more about your computer and its' components and post accordingly.

Especially the PSU. If necessary get a knowledgeable family member or friend to help.