Monitor says "no signal" from either onboard graphics or gpu

jasondwoods2

Commendable
Apr 12, 2018
Hello, I've been building a new desktop computer, and finally got it all together, but when I tried to boot it up, my monitor could not receive a signal; I disconnected the gpu and my harddrives as some online suggestions stated, and tried using the onboard graphics, but still no signal to my monitor. The LED lights on the board come up and flash in random rainbow colors, and the fans and harddrives all kick on as they should, but I just don't get any signal on my monitor no matter what I try. I originally tried using an HDMI cord to connect both graphics options to my monitor, but then I read that sometimes new motherboards do not recognize HDMI cords, so I tried using a HDMI to DVI converter instead, and still no signal. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Specs:
Intel Core i3 8350k cpu
TUF z370-plus motherboard
EVGA geforce gtx 1060 3gb gpu
2x 8gb ddr4 RAM
Cryorig H7 heatsink and cpu fan
Not sure on specifics of psu, but it's 650 watts

jasondwoods2

Commendable
Apr 12, 2018

Thanks for the suggestion; I tried both RAM sticks by themselves, but still no signal to the monitor.

jasondwoods2

Commendable
Apr 12, 2018

Here are a few pics, tried to get every part of the board. The gpu is out, as well as one stick of ram. (Also realized my psu is 630w, sorry I thought it was 650w off the top of my head) Edit: pics weren't showing using the forum's picture insertion button, here's the direct link: https://imgur.com/a/rGN0f
rGN0f

Theoretically, it should work. Try connecting an internal speaker to the motherboard and see if any beeps when no RAMs. This way you'd know if board and CPU do work. Try also testing different monitor/video cable (borrowing one). If still no go, I'd RMA both board and CPU.

jasondwoods2

Commendable
Apr 12, 2018

Yeah, the GPU is not in the case or connected at all.

jasondwoods2

Commendable
Apr 12, 2018

By internal speaker, do you mean a speaker for the case? Also, so I should remove all of the RAM and test for beeping when I turn the power on?

jasondwoods2

Commendable
Apr 12, 2018

Sorry, got called into work today and tomorrow, I will try this tomorrow night and post the results. When I do this, is beeping a good thing or bad thing? Thanks again for all of the help!

jasondwoods2

Commendable
Apr 12, 2018

Hello again, finally got to be home and test out what you said about the beeping. After connecting the speaker, upon powering up the computer I would hear 4 beeps, with the first beep being longer and then three quick beeps (beeeep, beep beep beep). Will this point towards the problem, or is there more tests that need to be run? Thanks in advance for the help!

jasondwoods2

Commendable
Apr 12, 2018
Update: found out that the beep code was telling me the VGA wasn't detected, so I tried putting in my graphics card and everything and booting up to see if the code remained the same; now it gives me the beep code that means the motherboard cannot detect the RAM. I tried both of the main slots with each stick of RAM, and I still get that beep code and am unable to boot up the computer. Any ideas?

jasondwoods2

Commendable
Apr 12, 2018

Yes, I got that beeping code with no RAM, but then I tried reinstalling the RAM and still got that beeping code. I returned those RAM sticks and bought new ones of the same type just in case the old ones were bad, but I still get the beep code for no memory detected. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for the help!

jasondwoods2

Commendable
Apr 12, 2018

Yeah I've reinstalled them quite a few times, they should be in correctly. I think I am going to just get a replacement motherboard, and hopefully the new one will work. Thank you for all of the help!