Monitor says 'no signal' if Graphics card is plugged in

naiem

Reputable
Sep 26, 2014
I got a new grahics card for my PC, my PC never had a grahics card in my PC before but does have the slot. So i decided to buy one. I inserted the card sucessfully and done all the wiring etc.. But i get no sinal on my PC, so i took the card off and it works. I also went to deivice maanager and tried to swich off the onboard grachis but made no difffrence???

snowctrl

Distinguished

Sounds like you did everything right, so something is wrong.... like has been said, please list your spec

naiem

Reputable
Sep 26, 2014

My graphics card is ASUS RADEON R7 240 2GB,

Here's my pc specs..

HP PC

Model: P6 2010

Processor: Intel R pentium

RAM 4GB.

naiem

Reputable
Sep 26, 2014

i've disabled it from device manager but does not work, and i could not find it in bois mode.

Hard to say for certain. It could be you just need a little better power supply which is cheap enough to get but before you do that you need to verify the card is compatible with that HP's motherboard/BIOS, and that will take a little research. Google the card and the HP model and see if anyone else has been able to make it work.

It is possible the PSU is able and what you really need is a BIOS upgrade.

Sorry that didn't do it. I would try HP support or support group and see if that card is supported. I know for a fact HPs are somewhat picky about graphic cards. A BIOS upgrade might also be worth a try.