Question Monitor screen blacks out at it's native resolution !

Jun 12, 2022
Hi ,
Yesterday i bought an Acer VG240Y monitor for my laptop.
I plugged it in and everything was working perfectly but all of a sudden the display turned black .
So I lowered the resolution to 800 x 600 and it worked again.
But when I set it back to 1920 x 1080 or even 1680 x 1050, it again turns black ?

i did format my laptop and it didn't solve anything .
my graphic card is updated .

and even in lower resolution the display goes black for a few seconds.

Jun 12, 2022
What refresh rate are you using with monitor? Since max what that Acer can do, is 75 Hz.

If using 75 Hz @ 1080p, or even 60 Hz @ 1080p doesn't solve your issue, RMA your monitor, since it's clearly a faulty unit.
Im using 75 Hz

I dont know , i used my brothers PC and an old Laptop of mine and the monitor worked perfectly .

its just doesn’t work in my laptop .

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
3 things to try:
  1. Try with 2nd, known to work monitor with your laptop and look if issue is same.
  2. Acer VG240Y has two HDMI input ports. Try different port.
  3. Acer Predator 15 has two display outputs, HDMI and DisplayPort. Try with DP -> HDMI converter and look if it helps.

Reactions: JacobT 9
Jun 12, 2022
3 things to try:
  1. Try with 2nd, known to work monitor with your laptop and look if issue is same.
  2. Acer VG240Y has two HDMI input ports. Try different port.
  3. Acer Predator 15 has two display outputs, HDMI and DisplayPort. Try with DP -> HDMI converter and look if it helps.

Yeah my laptop has two display outputs . But the monitor has only HDMI and VGA .
So i bought an adapter HDMI to DP i plugged the HDMI in the monitor and the DP in my laptop and its working perfectly , and im happy 😀

Thank you so much for helping 💗

Reactions: Aeacus