Monitor screen goes black and gpu fan gets really loud

randomoneguy

Prominent
Sep 3, 2017
Sometimes my gpu fan gets really loud while gaming and monitor shows black screen (The blue light for the power on/off is flashing so I think the gpu stops working). I also have another problem where the monitor screen goes black and the fan goes really loud again except I can alt tab out of the game to my startup screen. Should I replace my graphics card?

AMD FX 6300
Radeon RX 470 4gb
8gb ram
800 watt 80 plus power supply

Solution
I also had this problem as well as Asus Anti-Surge triggering. What helped me was that I disconnected my GPU and sprayed the connectors with a electronic cleaner spray. You can also try the same with compressed air.

randomoneguy

Prominent
Sep 3, 2017

I didn't check recently, but it has been happening for a while and couple months ago when I checked the temps, they were fine. 70-75 for gpu, 45-50 for cpu.
edit: I'll try to make it happen again and check the temps just in case it actually gone higher

hansigno

Prominent
Sep 5, 2017
I also had this problem as well as Asus Anti-Surge triggering. What helped me was that I disconnected my GPU and sprayed the connectors with a electronic cleaner spray. You can also try the same with compressed air.

Solution