• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Monitor screen suddenly turned white

Jul 13, 2020
Like the title states, I was playing some Siege, when all of the sudden my screen just becomes white. The only audio I could hear was from discord and I don’t think I could hear the in-game audio. I’ve had the monitor for 2 years now it’s an https://www.amazon.com/Acer-KG271-Cbmidpx-FREESYNC-Technology/dp/B07598SX6S?pd_rd_w=S03uF&pf_rd_p=b1335604-246e-4b5e-8fbd-a1c826ead4a3&pf_rd_r=SSQEJK1C9GFTZDJ0YZ0Y&pd_rd_r=98cc6e91-0b69-4845-b7cd-018269988d4a&pd_rd_wg=3mqmO&pd_rd_i=B07598SX6S&ref_=pd_bap_m_rp_1_1_dc .

I realized that as soon as the monitor has power the screen becomes white. I’ve connected a new older monitor through HDMI and the old monitor displays my screen so I don’t think it’s a graphics card issue. I tried to connect the broken monitor using a HDMI cable rather than the DISPLAY PORT cable that I always use, the screen was still white and nothing happened. I even took the monitor to my brothers room and my monitor was still white even after connecting it to his PC through an Display port cable. I looked it up and I heard smacking the back of it could sometimes fix it, I’ve tried but nothing has worked.

Do you guys think it’s safe to say that the monitor is dead? I can get a new one, but I don’t want to get rid of this one if it may still function. What other tests should I do?

Also Finally, There’s no way my GPU is the issue right? I’m kinda scared because my 2080 was expensive as f***.

ASK THE COMMUNITY