Question Monitor seems to be lagging / freezing especially in game

Aug 26, 2019
So basically i bought a new monitor 144hz to play games on. My PC is fine no issues. But now it just keeps freezing like its a powerpoint presentation like when im trying to flick in eg. Csgo the freezes as if its skipping a few frames or something. Please help.

Aug 26, 2019
That will be down to your PC. The monitor won't decide to skip frames, it can only process what it's been given. So start at the beginning: what are your PC specs? And do you use an in-game monitor like MSI Afterburner?
I7 8700k
Gtx 1080
Z370 motherboard
Idk the psu its a 600w one
275gb crucial ssd
1tb wd blue

Specs look generally fine. See if you can confirm what make and model the PSU is; a good quality lower wattage PSU is preferable to a low quality high wattage PSU.

Back to the ingame monitoring. If you haven't, download MSI Afterburner and log/monitor the following: CPU (all cores/threads), GPU and RAM frequency and usage; CPU and GPU temperature; fps and frame times; and page file. What we're looking for are points in the graphs which correspond to the lag you mention (either dip in fps or longer frame times).

Initial thought was you upgraded to a higher resolution and higher refresh rate monitor, which is a possible explanation but not conclusive.