Monitor Setup on a Budget

GAMERG33K

Reputable
Sep 10, 2015
I'm on quite a tight budget, and I desperately need a monitor upgrade (I have a 19 inch 720p monitor). I have come up with 2 options for monitors; I can either get a single 27 inch Benq GW2760HM, or a double 22 inch Benq GL2250. Both monitors are 1080p. Any thoughts?

Thanks for your help guys!

Solution
For gaming and browsing, then I strongly suggest a good single monitor than two smaller ones. This is because you wont be playing games over two monitors (it really only works with 1 or 3, otherwise your center point would be where the two join), and a good 25-27" monitor would give a much better experience that a cheaper smaller 22" monitor.

Dual monitors are great for multi-tasking, and especially useful when video/photo editing, accounting work, etc, but it wouldn't be worth diminishing the experience of your main uses for improved experience in things you wont do regularly.

As for you monitor choice, theres better you could get. What is your max budget?

GAMERG33K

Reputable
Sep 10, 2015

I mostly play games, browse the web and regular school things like programming.

Gallarian

Distinguished
For gaming and browsing, then I strongly suggest a good single monitor than two smaller ones. This is because you wont be playing games over two monitors (it really only works with 1 or 3, otherwise your center point would be where the two join), and a good 25-27" monitor would give a much better experience that a cheaper smaller 22" monitor.

Dual monitors are great for multi-tasking, and especially useful when video/photo editing, accounting work, etc, but it wouldn't be worth diminishing the experience of your main uses for improved experience in things you wont do regularly.

As for you monitor choice, theres better you could get. What is your max budget?

Solution