Question Monitor showing no display and keyboard not lighting up ?

Avid99

Prominent
May 11, 2021
I have completed my build and I actually had it running yesterday in fact. Everything was running perfectly fine and I had to readjust my fans rgb hud because only 3 fans were being lit out of 6. I then heard the computer shut off, turn back on and then shut off again.

Since then my computer shows no signal on the display(it also turns on when I turn my computer on) and my keyboard does not light up but everything else like the fans, my rgb, and my loop they all run. I'm not the most tech savy but I looked around to see if I could solve my problem and hopefully its not crucial or detrimental. My setup is watercooled so I have to be very careful and can't take things out of the system that well. But here are some things I have tried from reading around....

° Readjusted my graphics card (I can't take it out fully since it's still on a loop) I've blown compressed air in the slot. Also I believe I readjusted this to have to see the bios because I had a similar problem with the display showing no signal. Possibly the culprit?

° I've taken out my ram and rubbed an eraser on the pins gently. I've also tried to put 1 singular stick in a slot.

° I've tried taking the cmos battery out, waiting even about an hour and put it back in. I've also replaced the battery.

° I currently have everything but the psu cable to motherboard plugged in and running for a bit to see if that will do something.

No part I have is more than a year old except for the psu which was a replacement to my orginal prebuilt psu. Everything else is as brand new as you can get and were in the boxes as I had to wait to put everything together.

Here are my specs for anyone interested :

-Asus z390 e gaming motherboard

-Nvidia 2080ti

-Intel i9 9900k

-Evga 850w G+ 80 plus power supply

-32gb of ram

Edit: VGA light, boot light and others no longer light up on startup. Monitor also does not turn on when I turn my computer on.

Apr 6, 2021
Possibly your RAM may be causing issues. Take out your RAM and clean it everywhere, then when you put them back in make sure they click in and go in properly. If not in properly, this can cause the monitors to have no signal, believe it or not.

Avid99

Prominent
May 11, 2021
Possibly your RAM may be causing issues. Take out your RAM and clean it everywhere, then when you put them back in make sure they click in and go in properly. If not in properly, this can cause the monitors to have no signal, believe it or not.
I've tried that,but I have not tried putting them in different slots. They're in 2 and 4 for now but would moving them anywhere else do anything ?

Apr 6, 2021
I've tried that,but I have not tried putting them in different slots. They're in 2 and 4 for now but would moving them anywhere else do anything ?
Do you have 4 DIMM slots? If so try to only put 1 of the sticks in a slot and boot you computer to see if it works. Do you use 2 sticks or 4 sticks of RAM?

Avid99

Prominent
May 11, 2021
Do you have 4 DIMM slots? If so try to only put 1 of the sticks in a slot and boot you computer to see if it works. Do you use 2 sticks or 4 sticks of RAM?
Only 2 sticks as of now and I do have 4 slots. And I have tried with one before. The ram does make a weird sound when going in. It sounds like sand rubbing against metal when inserting.

Apr 6, 2021
Only 2 sticks as of now and I do have 4 slots. And I have tried with one before. The ram does make a weird sound when going in. It sounds like sand rubbing against metal when inserting.
Make sure when you put them in you press down one one end of the stick and click it in, then the other end. Don’t do them both at once.
Try maybe changing the ram into different slots?

Avid99

Prominent
May 11, 2021
Make sure when you put them in you press down one one end of the stick and click it in, then the other end. Don’t do them both at once.
Try maybe changing the ram into different slots?
Okay I'll try that when I get home amongst other things other people have recommended. I've been told when my computer shut off it could be staying off because fast boot was kept on.

Reactions: mylesjc

Avid99

Prominent
May 11, 2021
Hmm, well it all started when you adjusted it tampered with the RGB fans hub. Now i don’t know what you could do with the fan hub to make this happen, but do you think you can reverse your changes that you made possibly?
If you mean unplugging and plugging everything back in, i also did that.