Question Monitor shows display on Boot up and BIOS but says "no signal" after boot up and when in windows

Llezner69420

Commendable
Apr 24, 2021
I currently have 2 monitors functioning well, and was planning to add another since I have one laying around. It is a VGA only connector, and my GPU only has 2 HDMI (occupied by 2 monitors) and 2 Display Ports.

Now the problem is, I bought a VGA to DP to plug it in one of the 2 remaining DP. after that I turned on the PC, then the only monitor that has display in boot start is the newly added monitor, it displays the loading screen and I can also use it to enter the BIOS. But after the boot up, it will say "No signal" and doesn't display anything, its just black. when plugged its detected by the display settings, and in device manager it shows 3 monitors.
Solutions I tried:
  • unplugging, re-plugging in any of the 2 DP ports available (still the same problem)
  • GPU driver update (still the same problem)
  • changing VGA cord (still the same problem)
Solutions to Try:
  • I will swap this newly bought VGA to DP adapter tomorrow it still has 3 days warranty (but still having doubts about this for the monitors displays the boot up or when entering bios)

Specs:
Strix z490-A
i5 10400f
2x8gb rams
5500xt 8gb
700w silverstone st70f-es230
Main monitor: Samsung 27" HDMI port
2nd monitor: Nvision N190HD HDMI port
3rd monitor: Inplay with VGA port

If anyone have the same problems with mine and solved it or anyone knows how to deal with this please do help me :<
(I still have doubts that the VGA to DP is the culprit here, I really think its the monitor)

Reactions: Matt_ogu812

Lutfij

Titan
BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time?

GPU driver update (still the same problem)
Did you use DDU to remove all drivers, then manually reinstall with the latest driver in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator?

I will swap this newly bought VGA to DP adapter tomorrow it still has 3 days warranty (but still having doubts about this for the monitors displays the boot up or when entering bios)
You might want to look into something with a higher pricetag or has a better build quality.

Matt_ogu812

Honorable
Jul 14, 2017
it displays the loading screen and I can also use it to enter the BIOS. But after the boot up, it will say "No signal" and doesn't display anything, its just black.

My new LG 27" monitor does this where as the Asus 22" monitor it replaced never exhibited this problem.
It's done it from day-one. I just ignore it because I'm happy with how much better it preforms than the ancient Asus.