[SOLVED] Monitor shows no display, turns on under specific circumstances

Pavke

Prominent
Oct 19, 2020
So a month or so ago i had a problem with a power outlet, fixed it, my monitor worked for a month and now again it shows no display and an orange indicator. The thing is, if i plug it out of power for 10-15 min and plug it back in, while it is turning on(the blue light turns on first) if i turn on my pc, everything works normaly.
The monitor is Acer V226HQL.
It was overclocked to 75hz from 60hz, but the problem persists on 60hz so im not sure if that is the problem. Also when i connect my laptop to it it works fine on 75hz.
When i connect my pc to tv display works normaly.
Cpu:Intel I5 3470
Gpu:Nvidia GTX1050
Ram: Kingston 8gb ddr3(my father bought it a long time ago so i'm not sure about the name)
Motherboard:forgot the name, will update once i find out.
If anyone has any idea how to fix this it would be much apreciated.

Solution
then there is something between gpu and motherboard i would carefully check gpu slot on the board and around it for defect also check gpu pins and pcb board if the are not broke one thing you could use is a staedler block we use on paper to clean the copper fins , let see after this if any others have a clue .

Pavke

Prominent
Oct 19, 2020
if you have a old gpu around would try this and if it does the same monitor been hit so hard to find what cause the issue .
Don't have one laying atound currently, will get a friend to come and try, see if it is the gpu.
Also when i connect the pc with the same cable to tv it works fine

Pavke

Prominent
Oct 19, 2020
Updates:
Everything works fine on tv, monitor works when i connect it to laptop, it works when i use integrated gpu instead of dedicated, it even works if monitor is connected to igpu and tv to dedicated. Im waiting for my friend to come on weekend with his gpu to test it.
I just don't get how is it possible that it works fine on tv, but doesn't on monitor and the monitor works with laptop connected. (and if it is xonnected to igpu)

Pavke

Prominent
Oct 19, 2020
so let see when you use your friend gpu if monitor work .
So i used my gpu on my friends motherboard, worked fine, used his gpu on my motherboard, worked fine, then i used my gpu with my motherboard and it actually worked.... for 2 days. Today when i tried to turn the pc on i got the no signal message again.

Pavke

Prominent
Oct 19, 2020
memtest ram to see if you have any error if not i would suspect motherboard overheathing and cut signal after time the age of this board .
Ram is not the problem, as i said i already tested it, i've used my friends gou for a couple of days, it worked perfectly, mine gives signal only on tv. I tried using my gpu at his place and it worked normally.

scout_03

Titan
Ambassador
then there is something between gpu and motherboard i would carefully check gpu slot on the board and around it for defect also check gpu pins and pcb board if the are not broke one thing you could use is a staedler block we use on paper to clean the copper fins , let see after this if any others have a clue .

Solution