[SOLVED] Monitor shows no signal EXCEPT for when i change to it from the TV.

Mar 7, 2022
So this has happened since a power outage a few days ago. My monitor shows "no signal", and it seems the problem is not the PC nor the cable since they both work just fine on the TVs i tried. However, when i try connecting the cable on the TV, and then in the monitor, it works again, while windows still thinks it is connected to the TV. What the hell could this be?

Solution
OK. At this point without other parts (monitor, PC parts) to test with it's hard to tell for certain what the issue is. Are the TV and monitor both connected with the same type of connector and specific cable/port (sounds like they are but just wanted to make sure a port is ruled out, e.g., HDMI works but not displayport)
Mar 7, 2022
What have you tried (if anything)? Do you have any other devices that can output to the monitor to check whether it detects the signal immediately?

First try uninstalling and re-installing display drivers (use this to completely uninstall -> https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html)
I have uninstalled and installed amd drivers again. Nothing changed tho. Tried resetting the bios and changing the ram. Alas, i have no other devices do try the monitor on right now.

OK. At this point without other parts (monitor, PC parts) to test with it's hard to tell for certain what the issue is. Are the TV and monitor both connected with the same type of connector and specific cable/port (sounds like they are but just wanted to make sure a port is ruled out, e.g., HDMI works but not displayport)

Reactions: Lucashncorreia
Solution
Mar 7, 2022
Yep, they are the same port and cable. I'll try getting a vga and connecting the integrated graphics into the monitor, and see it if works