• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Meet Stan Dmitriev of SurrogateTV on the Pi Cast TODAY! The show is live August 11th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Professional PC modder Mike Petereyns joins Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 13th at 3:00 pm ET (8:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Monitor shows no signal, GPU fans spinning alternatively

Mar 17, 2020
A few months ago, my EVGA SuperNova 650G 80+ gold PSU died. Due to quarantine, I couldn't order a new one until recently. I ordered a Cooler Master Masterwatt 750 bronze. The pc booted and worked perfectly for a few days.

Then when I tried to turn it on yesterday, the monitor said no signal for 30 seconds then turned on and booted to windows. Then suddenly after a few minutes it started rebooting. I turned it off and reseated the ram, and cleared cmos. The pc worked perfectly fine for the whole day.

Today morning again the same problem occured! But this time, the pc did not post at all and my case's back chassis fan was not spinning. Also my GPU's fans were spinning one at a time. That is, the fan on the right spun for a second then stopped, and then the fan on the left spun for a few seconds and stopped. This repeated indefinitely. My CPU fan, front chassis fan were both spinning normally and my motherboard's RGB light was also on.

So I once again reseated the ram and then the GPU. When I took out the GPU I found that a crystal oscillator below the PCI-E slot had been rusted. A few of the GPU's pin connectors also seemed rusted. I tried my best to remove the rust to no luck.

I just reseated the GPU, checked all cables and then turned the pc on to the same problem. The back case fan was not spinning and GPUs fans were behaving the same way.

Can someone please suggest me what to do? Should I replace my GPU/MOBO/PSU? This is a big loss as I cannot afford to buy these right now and will have to save for some time.

My specs:

Ryzen 5 1600X
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16gb 3000mhz
AsRock X370 Killer Sli/Ac
Evga GeForce GTX 1080
Cooler Master Masterwatt 750 bronze

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS