Question Monitor shows no signal upon power-on until the Windows loading screen ?

synt4xie

Commendable
Jul 6, 2021
When I turn on my pc, there's no signal on the screen till Windows starts to load. Sometimes i have to pull out the vga to hdmi converter cable plugged into the gpu and replug it for PC to detect any display. After I get a display the PC works flawlessly. Even if there's no display, my PC still boots up, and I can shutdown using keyboard w/o any issue.

I usually service this by third parties. After service,, works flawlessly for a few weeks then same old "no display" issues start happening.

What exactly is the problem? Monitor? Gpu? Cable? Harddisk? Mobo?

Specs:

MSI A320m Pro-VD/S mobo
Ryzen 3 1200,
MSI GTX 1050ti Armor 4gt OC
Gskill Ripjaws v 8gb 2666 single channel ram
Toshiba 1tb hdd
240GB l3 evo ssd
Antec 450w bp450 psu
some old LG monitor with vga connection

Update: Idk what I did, but i got signal back on monitor. Maybe because I disconnected monitor's end from the adapter and replugged in?

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

How old is the PSU in your build? What version of Windows 10 are you working with? Can you source a different panel and pair the panel to your GPU without any adapter? BIOS version for your motherboard at the time of writing?

synt4xie

Commendable
Jul 6, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

How old is the PSU in your build? What version of Windows 10 are you working with? Can you source a different panel and pair the panel to your GPU without any adapter? BIOS version for your motherboard at the time of writing?

Everything in my build is from Oct, 2018 when I first built this pc, except the ssd which was bought sometimes into 2019, i guess first half.

Windows 10 pro 1909 (forgot the version number)

I do have an old monitor but I dunno if it is working atm and has hdmi port, so very likely, no i cannot.

Never updated BIOS which is a bummer, but I never tried messing around with hardware and in case something goes wrong it'll be a disaster because it is also my working Pc.

Btw, I forgot to add, I've had this issue on and off for about 6 months ago. A good thorough clean and it'll work for a few weeks or months then go haywire again. I'm hopefully getting a spare ram tomorrow to test from my service guy. Because if this situation goes for extended periods pc will just stop booting, the processor fans would just spin.

Update: Idk what I did, but i got signal back on monitor. Maybe because I disconnected monitor's end from the adapter and replugged in?

Last edited: