Question Monitor shows solid color while pc is still working

Mazen146

Reputable
Apr 16, 2020
This problem used to happen often for a month then it suddenly stopped and now it's back again, It happens in two forms.

The first: I'd be playing a game or have only chrome open then the monitor would turn to a solid color (red, yellow, pink, etc) but the pc would still be working and ik that because sometimes I would have a video open when the problem happens and I'd still be able to hear it and pause it.

The second: The monitor will turn black and the pc won't be working since if I'd have a song or a video I won't be able to hear them unlike the first problem However, the PC fans would still be spinning as if the PC is working fine.

I thought at first it might be from the PSU so I tried a different one but the problem remained so it has to be from something else, I also tried updating my drivers and using DDU but the problem still remained so I don't think it's a drivers issue either.

The Specs are:
GTX 750Ti Zotac
I3-9100F
H310M Gigabyte S2H
8gb crucial 2666Mhz ram
Kingston A400 120gb SSD
Western digital 1tb HDD

Thanks, in advance!

Last edited:

Mazen146

Reputable
Apr 16, 2020
what the psu.
test with another monitor cable/port? another gpu?

The PSU is XPG Core reactor 650W Gold 80+ and as I said above I already changed the PSU so I doubt it's from it.

I tried using a different DVI-D cable and using a different port on the GPU but that didn't help, unfortunately, I don't have any other GPU to use for testing currently so I was wondering if there's anything else I can do to narrow down which part is responsible for the problem.

Mazen146

Reputable
Apr 16, 2020
the psu should supply enough power to that 750 ti.
so it narrow down to the gpu. check the gpu temp?
what the monitor model?

The GPU temps are normal from what I see (rarley reaches 70C) however sometimes when the problem happens Im not sure if it was the cpu or gpu or case fans but I would hear the fans spinning really loud

The monitor model is Samsung SyncMaster B2030

Thanks for the help!