Question Monitor shuts down my PC when changing refresh rate

Dec 26, 2019
I just got a new Sceptre monitor for Christmas because it was on sale. Im trying to set it to 144hz or anything higher than 60hz really. However whenever I go to the Windows settings to change it, it always black screens and restarts my computer after hitting apply. No error messages, no changes, nothing. The monitor seems to be locked at 59hz and nothing works.

Ive contacted Spectre support twice and they've done nothing to help me. They suggested updated all my drivers which I've done many times over the past few days. I unfortunately scrapped the original packaging too so I cant return it.

Specs:
Radeon RX 580
AMD FX-8350 Eight-core
Sceptre 27" Curved 144Hz Gaming LED Monitor Edge-Less AMD FreeSync DisplayPort HDMI, Metal Black 2019 (C275B-144RN)

Not sure if I posted all the correct info this is my first time posting anything on this forum

Dec 26, 2019
make and model of the psu?
I'm not sure how I can figure out what exactly my PSU is because it came pre-built with my PC. It's one of the few things I havent swapped out because its hidden under a large piece of metal that almost covers it completely. Removing the metal would be extremely difficult. I'm not sure if Cyberpower has a standard PSU in their builds but thats the brand I got.