Question Monitor shuts down while gaming/video rendering ?

Apr 30, 2022
:::::::::Need Urgent Help Plz:::::::::::::
Problem:
Whenever I start gaming/ video editing software my monitor shuts off after 20-30 mins, it shows nothing on my Debug lights.... My PC keep on running, just monitor goes off saying "No input detected"
Need to hard restart everytime.
cant hear running game when it happenes
I have a PC with below spec:

CPU: core i5 12400F (recently upgraded to this CPU 1 month ago)
Mobo: MSI H-610M-G ( new as well )
GPU: RX 590
RAM: 16 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz
PSU : corsair 450 watt
4 120 mm RGB fans

My PC is 2+ years old (assembled in December 2019)
All components were new at that time...

Edit:
Extra info:
My CPU temps are: 60 deg Celsius max
My Gpu temps are 78 deg Celsius max

PC Usage: Full-on gaming like 7-8 hours continuous on sat-sun and 2 hour usage on mon-fri.

Last edited:

GoofyOne

Commendable
Apr 4, 2021
It's usually a power supply issue when that happens. 450 Watts sounds a little light, playing games and doing video editing puts more strain on the system and it wants more power than the PSU can provide so it has a heart attack.

It can also be a GPU cooling issue ... but I think the power supply is too small. I have a RX580X video card and originally it was in a Dell Inspiron that only had a 420Watt PSU and it always did the same thing as yours when playing games. Works fine with a larger power supply.

Reactions: AdmiralSanket
Apr 30, 2022
Use an app to monitor your gpu and cpu temps while gaming. You could be getting overheating shutdown. You can try to update gpu drivers if needed and uninstall and reinstall drivers if already updated.

Hi FixThatGlitch,

Thanks for the reply,
My CPU temps are: 60 deg Celsius max
My Gpu temps are 78 deg Celsius max

Are these temps ok ?

Also my Mobo and CPU is new as i updated my CPU :):).

PS: This problem happened with my older CPU too

Thanks

Apr 30, 2022
It's usually a power supply issue when that happens. 450 Watts sounds a little light, playing games and doing video editing puts more strain on the system and it wants more power than the PSU can provide so it has a heart attack.

It can also be a GPU cooling issue ... but I think the power supply is too small. I have a RX580X video card and originally it was in a Dell Inspiron that only had a 420Watt PSU and it always did the same thing as yours when playing games. Works fine with a larger power supply.

Hi Goofy,

Thanks for the time <3

I bought a good psu, CoolerMaster 650W bronze V2 like that, it is still giving issue . My gpu never consumes above 115 Watts

Thanks

GoofyOne

Commendable
Apr 4, 2021
Hi Goofy,

Thanks for the time <3

I bought a good psu, CoolerMaster 650W bronze V2 like that, it is still giving issue . My gpu never consumes above 115 Watts

Thanks

I am sorry you are still having problems. CPU 60 deg Celsius is probably ok .... GPU 78 deg Celcius is getting quite toasty, although most CPU and GPU's these days are rated to work up to around 95-100 degrees. The manufacturers website should say what the maximum temp for your GPU is.

I saw this thread about someone else having issues with their RX 590. Maybe it will give some inspiration. See this thread maybe: Go here

{GoofyOne's 2c worth}