Question Monitor shuts off, then pc restarts

daltonbelue345

Reputable
Apr 4, 2018
Hey so I’m having this issue with my computer after I recently rebuilt it.

once I turn my pc on for the first time it will seemingly work fine until it try and open anything, then my monitors will loose signal, then regain it but everything will be super slow until ultimately the whole pc shuts off.

This will happen until I run this loop around 3-5 times, then everything will work correctly. Almost as if the pc has to warm up or something idk.

I have no apps running in the background so that there is no strain on the pc as soon as it starts up. I’ve adjusted my bios setting to reduce strain even more, I’ve completely reset the pc and uninstalled everything, I’ve tried new outlets, I’ve checked all the cablesI even got a new power supply but nothing seems to work.

Any response is appreciated and I hope that someone has had the same problem and been able to

specs are as follows
CPU: i7-12700k (cooled with MSI MAG liquid)
Motherboard: gigabyte z690 gaming X
Ram: trident z5 6000mhz 32gb (both working and running at 4800 cause of the cpu max)
GPU: founders 3090
PSU: Corsair rm850e
Case: Corsair Crystal
All specs being brand new

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2023
Having the same issue and it’s driving me absolutely crazy. Seen other forum posts here about risers and tiny PSUs for high end cards and one of them apply to me and even if I follow the guides, I get nothing.

Only thing we have in common is our 3090.

I’ll launch heavy apps or games or full screen applications and it’ll black screen like you said, and then the system eventually stops and restarts. Tried DDU, memtest, bios reset, everything. Same issue.

Hey so I’m having this issue with my computer after I recently rebuilt it.

once I turn my pc on for the first time it will seemingly work fine until it try and open anything, then my monitors will loose signal, then regain it but everything will be super slow until ultimately the whole pc shuts off.

This will happen until I run this loop around 3-5 times, then everything will work correctly. Almost as if the pc has to warm up or something idk.

I have no apps running in the background so that there is no strain on the pc as soon as it starts up. I’ve adjusted my bios setting to reduce strain even more, I’ve completely reset the pc and uninstalled everything, I’ve tried new outlets, I’ve checked all the cablesI even got a new power supply but nothing seems to work.

Any response is appreciated and I hope that someone has had the same problem and been able to

specs are as follows
CPU: i7-12700k (cooled with MSI MAG liquid)
Motherboard: gigabyte z690 gaming X
Ram: trident z5 6000mhz 32gb (both working and running at 4800 cause of the cpu max)
GPU: founders 3090
PSU: Corsair rm850e
Case: Corsair Crystal
All specs being brand new
Have you ran a memory diagnostic?