Question Monitor shuts off when speakers are too loud?

zillafilms

Prominent
Oct 31, 2021
Basically title. the monitor is a Panasonic TH-42PF20, (old and kinda niche hand-me-down from dads work). speakers are Philips DC199B connected to it with some sort of wiring I am not familiar with. If I up the volume too loud on the monitor while listening to anything it shuts off. This isn't an issue I need to solve or even really care about solving, I'm more just curious as to what is actually happening/why. Wasn't sure where I should post this but I figured Id post it here as its most likely something happening with the monitor.

Basically title. the monitor is a Panasonic TH-42PF20, (old and kinda niche hand-me-down from dads work). speakers are Philips DC199B connected to it with some sort of wiring I am not familiar with. If I up the volume too loud on the monitor while listening to anything it shuts off. This isn't an issue I need to solve or even really care about solving, I'm more just curious as to what is actually happening/why. Wasn't sure where I should post this but I figured Id post it here as its most likely something happening with the monitor.
It's probably pulling too much current and tripping protection measures.