[SOLVED] Monitor Stops Displaying Randomly and PC fans roar

Aug 24, 2020
Randomly my PC will stop displaying but it doesn't turn off. So the mouse and keyboard stay lit up, all of the components stay lit up, and the monitor stays on. My suspicion was that something was overheating but I wanted to ask this thread before I go full dive into the computer to check what's wrong. Any ideas on what it could be?

My parts are:
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
RTX 2070 Super
Corsair Vengeance 16gb 3200Mhz
Thermaltake 850W Gold+
Fractal Meshify C Case
2tb Barracuda HDD and 512gb SSD
Sceptre M25 Monitor

Solution
Overheating is easily fixed and most likely cpu in that case. Replace thermalpaste and make sure the cooler is snug on the cpu. Guess you use the stock cooler which uses the clamps.

Might as well be gpu problem or motherboard and maybe even psu. Tried reseating gpu? Maybe even try and use two cables to power the gpu instead of one cable/two connectors.

What model Thermaltake psu?

Ram is in slots A2+B2? are slots 2+4 from the cpu out.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Overheating is easily fixed and most likely cpu in that case. Replace thermalpaste and make sure the cooler is snug on the cpu. Guess you use the stock cooler which uses the clamps.

Might as well be gpu problem or motherboard and maybe even psu. Tried reseating gpu? Maybe even try and use two cables to power the gpu instead of one cable/two connectors.

What model Thermaltake psu?

Ram is in slots A2+B2? are slots 2+4 from the cpu out.

Solution