Monitor Stops Working, But pc still runs

Gunstone

Reputable
Jan 12, 2016
So I recently Got a new Motherboard and CPU. I have two monitors (Well one is a tv) but one is connected to the gpu, while the other is connected to the motherboard. But for now i have removed the tv to help resolve the issue i have. (Tv was connected to motherboard)

The issue:
When playing games or watching video on youtube, my screen will either lose signal or my pc will completely crash. Sometimes however, my game will go black and the game will continue, and usually all i need to do is CTRL + ALT + DEL to get the game to come back. But when im playing and the monitor loses signal, the only way to fix it is to restart my pc. When this happens i can still hear the sound in the background.
I recently updated a new driver for my gpu but the issue was still a problem before hand.

Pc specs:
CPU = i5-4690k 3.5gz (overclocked to 4.5ghz) Stress test is a pass!
GPU = GTX 660 2gb (not overclocked in any way) Stress test is a pass!
Memory = 8gb DDR3
Mother Board = Z97 - G45 Gaming MSI
Power Supply = Jeantech powerwatcher 700w
Storage = Only 500gb hdd
Cable to connect gpu to monitor is a HDMI (not broken)
All drivers are up to date!

I think the problem is either the power supply or the gpu, please help!
Thx in advance

+ I have 5 really good fans and both my CPU and GPU stay below 60oC

Gunstone

Reputable
Jan 12, 2016

it seems to be stable when on youtube and when browsing the internet, but it might happen later on, it seems to randomly occur.
I Tested an old game with the onboard video card and i doesn't freeze up and my pc doesn't crash.