[SOLVED] Monitor stuck at 640 x 480

Feb 6, 2020
Hi there, I'm new here and I guess this is my only hope to try get this fixed as I've tried to solve this problem for days now to no avail. I've recently just built my own PC for the first time ever. I had an old Dell Optiplex and wanted something a little more better and up to date.

I'm having a problem with my cheap, standard "Element" monitor I bought from Walmart a while ago. I don't really care about the quality, as long as I have at least a second monitor for duel screens. On my old PC, I was using Ubuntu as my OS, and one day out of the blue I had a powercut and ever since, the screen resolution for my Element monitor has been really low. To cut the story short, I built a brand new PC, installed Windows and everything is good, and my main monitor has good resolution. However, my cheap one is running at 640 x 480 and for the life of me I can't figure out why.

My specs:
OS - Windows 10
Motherboard - AsRock B450M-HDV
CPU - Ryzen 3 2200g
GPU - Radeon RX 570
Ram - 16gb DDR4
First monitor - Acer
Second monitor - Element

I've tried:
Uninstalling the graphics driver, then reinstalled (Did this more than once, driver up to date),
Tried a new HDMI cable (I even used the HDMI on my main monitor to see if it's fine, and it was),
Tried creating a custom resolution on the Radeon software (said monitor doesn't support it)
Unplugged the monitor for at least 20 seconds and reconnect

The options to change the resolution is grayed out.

Any ideas? My head is spinning trying to figure it out. I appreciate you reading.

Solution
Opps! I managed to actually fix it. I had a spare VGA to HDMI adapter, and it fixed this issue. Sorry for creating this thread to be resolved quickly.
Feb 6, 2020
Opps! I managed to actually fix it. I had a spare VGA to HDMI adapter, and it fixed this issue. Sorry for creating this thread to be resolved quickly.

Solution