[SOLVED] Monitor suddenly stopped working. Please help!

Prizmonix

Honorable
Sep 22, 2013
So recently I made this build:
https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/pkCVgJ

Everything worked perfectly for two weeks. Then suddenly when I was playing the monitor turned off. Now when I try to boot sometimes the keyboard and mouse will not turn on (can tell by the rgb lights) but all the time the monitor will say no signal.

I didn't upgrade my gpu because I'm still saving for a good one so I decided to use my old one but all other components are new, could that be it?

I will appreciate any help. I really want to use my computer again.

Solution
had the same issue,swaped my radeon hd 5500 for r9 380,the issue was gone.I was suprised when i saw your epic build and when i saw your gpu i was like WHAAA...? when i read further i saw why you use it.Try removing it and swap it with another gpu,but if you dont have a spare one,just remove the gpu and plug your gpu cable into the motherboard.
had the same issue,swaped my radeon hd 5500 for r9 380,the issue was gone.I was suprised when i saw your epic build and when i saw your gpu i was like WHAAA...? when i read further i saw why you use it.Try removing it and swap it with another gpu,but if you dont have a spare one,just remove the gpu and plug your gpu cable into the motherboard.

Solution

Prizmonix

Honorable
Sep 22, 2013
Haha yeah unfortunately I couldn't afford a nice gpu just yet. I don't have another gpu but I did try plugging it into the motherboard but still nothing. Checked all cables and they are in properly too. It's not the monitor because it still works with my xbox 360. Really confused why it's not working but thanks for the help.

Haha yeah unfortunately I couldn't afford a nice gpu just yet. I don't have another gpu but I did try plugging it into the motherboard but still nothing. Checked all cables and they are in properly too. It's not the monitor because it still works with my xbox 360. Really confused why it's not working but thanks for the help.
do you have any adapters from you gpu to monitor like dvi-i to vga or something like that.If you have it remove it and see if it works on a tv or a monitor

Prizmonix

Honorable
Sep 22, 2013
do you have any adapters from you gpu to monitor like dvi-i to vga or something like that.If you have it remove it and see if it works on a tv or a monitor
I use dvi cable normally. I removed every cable and component of my pc and replaced it again and somehow the monitor worked again. I'm happy it works properly but I have no idea what caused the problem. Thanks for the help anyway :)

Reactions: Dj0gany