Monitor suddenly turn off after 2~5 minutes on

Wima

Reputable
Jul 16, 2014
Hello, i've got a problem with my monitor HP ZR24W
After i turn on the monitor about 5 minutes, it's suddenly off, completely off state. When it's off, i can't do anything to working on again. I tried pull the adapter cable and vga cable and plug in again but nothing of them it works. So i decided to idling the monitor about 5~10 minutes and the monitor turn on again by itself but in 5 minutes later, off again.
Can anyone tell me what my problem is and how to fix it? Thank you before.

eatmypie

Honorable
Sep 12, 2013
Look around in your monitors options menu with the buttons on the panel and see if it has any sleep or power saving settings. Also make sure the pc itself is set to performance mode in the power options tab. But if you are using it while it happens it may be a whole other story.

yorel140

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2015
Have you tried checking the power saving options as @eastmypie told you? If the configuration its ok check with another power cable, or maybe cleaning the Power button of the screen, i had this problem and clean the button was the solution...

Hope y helped you

Wima

Reputable
Jul 16, 2014

I'm pretty sure that i already deactivate sleep mode, when suddenly off i checked with my watt meter and it's completely off. I already change to new power cable and a new dsub cable but it's nothing
The monitor is not on stand-by mode, but it's completely off
Btw thank you all for quick reply