[SOLVED] Monitor support 144hz DVI, my laptop only has HDMI port

Hevos93

Honorable
Mar 7, 2016
Hello!

I have a BenQ Zowie XL2411 monitor, i am stuck at 60hz because 144hz is only supported trough DVI. And i use that screen as a secondary screen to my laptop, and it does not have DVI, only HDMI. And it annoys me that it is not showing 144hz as it should, so my idea would be that i could use a HDMI to DVI cable.

However i am not sure it would work at all, so does anyone have any experience or is tech-savvy enough to tell me if this would work?
I have my doubts, but if it would work i would be extremely happy.

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of your laptop as well as it's SKU? Are you going to be using the secondary monitor to game on? If not, then there's no point going to 144Hz for the secondary monitor as you've mentioned using the external display as a secondary monitor.

Hevos93

Honorable
Mar 7, 2016
Make and model of your laptop as well as it's SKU? Are you going to be using the secondary monitor to game on? If not, then there's no point going to 144Hz for the secondary monitor as you've mentioned using the external display as a secondary monitor.

I have a MSI Leopard GP75 9SE-823NE.
And i didnt actually plan to game on it, so there is not much point to it, other than i think it would be cool.