Discussion Monitor turned off and not turning on

Feb 13, 2019
my friend gave me an lg 19inch monitor. i used it for my 2nd monitor i connected it with hdmi to vga adapter. when i turned on multiple display mode it gave me demaged image on this 19 inch monitor i was trying to find any solution for it when it just turned off with little sound. i removed the adapter and just pluged only the monitor to power supply but it wont turn on light either. is it dead ? if yes is there a way to fix it or i just have to throw it away ? xD

InvalidError

Titan
If you heard a pop/fizz noise when the monitor turned off for the last time, chances are pretty good something has blown inside of it. Is it repairable? That depends on what failed, how and why. If a capacitor blew up, the monitor may not be turning on either because there is too much ripple on one of the supply rails for the monitor to operate normally and could be fixed by replacing damaged capacitors with better ones or it could be that the lack of filtering has sent massive over-voltage spikes to electronics and fried them, in which case it is likely beyond economic repair when you can get a 21-22" FHD monitor for under $100.

Feb 13, 2019
i fixed my monitor but i have 1 more question now. i need an active adapter cause the monitor has only vga. last time i used hdmi to vga adapter it burnt monitors power supply so im not going to gamble again. im thinking to get dvi to vga active adapter for this monitor and connect my main monitor with hmdi .What can u advice to do ?