[SOLVED] monitor turning off and on

luka1000

Honorable
Aug 26, 2017
Hi there i got a new 4k monitor the gigabyte m28u 28" 144hz i have been using it for almost 4 weeks now and love it but now it is randomly turning off and on. i had the same problem when i got my other Samsung 4k monitor i ended up returning cus it was so bad. but when i looked up why it seemed like everyone was having this problem with the samsung. it does not happen near the same amount as the samsung one but still does tend to happen. I did get a new 850w psu and some people where saying that might be the problem but i don't see why it took 4 weeks for it to start happing?

-850w psu
-3080ti
-5800x 3d
-32gb ram 3200hz
-3 ssd (1x1tb 2x500gb)
-asus b540-f gaming

Solution
also forgot to mention when i have my 1440p 144hz montior in there is 0 problems only on the 4k 144hz

Plug it into another outlet, re-seat the cables. Some monitors have a pretty sensitive power plug that really needs to be pushed in and checked that it's in all the way. If it's loose, any bump of the table can make it drop power for a second.

luka1000

Honorable
Aug 26, 2017
Hey there,

So, when it turns off, does the screen just go blank for a second or does the monitor power cycle (as in the LED's indicate it's off).

Are all system driver up to date? GPU driver? Bios updated? Which exact make and model PSU? This is key.
hi there the model of the psu is corsair rmx series rm850x 80+ gold and i have to double check when it does it again if the led turns off cus right now i just noticed it goes black for 1 second then i see my monitor logo and its back on so im guessing a full cycle cus i see the brand pop up. i have my gpu driver fully updated and i am pretty sure my bios is updated cus i had to update it for my new cpu when i got it.