Monitor turning off for 5-10 seconds in all games.

bogroll333

Prominent
Sep 27, 2017
Hey, my PC specs are as follows,
GTX 580, I7 960 (none are oc'ed) 8GB RAM, TX650 Corsair PSU, Benq XL2420T Monitor.

I've had this PC for roughly 5 years now and it has been great, but the past 2 weeks I've been having an issue in all games where the monitor randomly turns completely black for 5-10 seconds and then returns back to normal. When the monitor is black, usually the sound carries on as normal and I can hear everything but sometimes it "glitches" out and sounds a little fuzzy and cuts out when the monitor is off, then returns.

I've updated my graphics card driver to the latest and this didn't affect anything. Currently, the only game I play is CSGO, and nothing else at the moment interests me so I want to avoid building a new PC.

Advice appreciated, ty.

Darkvillain

Honorable
Sep 7, 2017
Have you checked and made sure the wires to and from your monitor are tightly secured?
This could also be your video card crashing and rebooting itself. The video card is on the older side of things, so it might be having troubles keeping up. What are your game graphics settings?

bogroll333

Prominent
Sep 27, 2017

The lowest settings, and yeah theyre both connected fine.

Darkvillain

Honorable
Sep 7, 2017
A few quick questions here.

1. When you go into your monitor settings (resolution settings) is the display pixels set to the monitor standard.
2. Have you tried a different monitor and received the same problem?
3. Have you tried removing the Graphics card, and re-seating it?
4. Have you tried a clean Windows Install? (Kind of a last hope situation but can fix stuff like this magically.)