Question Monitor turns black while gaming, but can still hear audio

May 24, 2018
Sometimes when i'm playing high intensive games like Battlefield V or GTA V, my monitor would turn black but I would still be able to hear audio from the game. I currently have MSI afterburner running so I can track my CPU and GPU temperatures. I also have EVGA Precision XOC running to monitor my GPU fan speeds. Could this be a temperature issue?

My current build is as follows:

Mobo: ASUS Strix Z390-E
GPU: EVGA 1080 FTW2
CPU: i9 9900K OC@4.9Ghz
RAM: 2x8GB @3200Mhz
SSD: Samsung EVO 860 1TB
Cooler: Corsair H150i Pro

Lutfij

Titan
PSU's make and model and age? If the system reboots during taxation, it's a PSU or thermal issue. If the system is powered up and goes blank during a GPU intensive task, it's likely the PSU is unable to deliver necessary power to the GPU, which explains why you're able to hear audio in spite of no video. You might also want to cross check which drivers you've got on your system. Then see which version of your BIOS you're on and which version of Windows 10 you're on.

black screen and audio points to broken a driver. use ddu and restart the pc. download and install the latest gpu drivers from your manufacturer...
if they are the latest read the notes and see if black screen in your game is an issue. if so roll back the driver to an earlier 1 that doesnt have it.(typically just the previous version will do)

if you still get an issue try going into bios/eufi and find hpet (high precision event timer) and enable it.