Question Monitor turns "deep fried"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 25, 2021
Hello people. I've been trying to figure out a problem with my computer but haven't been able to do so, so I came to this forum to see if any of you knew what was going. Basically what happens is my monitor will turn "deep fried" for maybe half a second then return to normal, this never happens in games only outside of games. I should add that it doesn't happen often either as well maybe 4-5 times a day or less. I also swapped monitors recently to see if that would fix it but it didn't so I'm guessing it's an issue with my GPU?

Nov 25, 2021
Aurora 12 Gaming PC
GPU : Alienware 3090
CPU : i9-11900kf
RAM: 32GB
Windows 11

To explain the "deep fried" - the colors go sort of darker like in the image. (I'm not joking, this is just the easiest representation)
4vzhgn.jpg

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
To be fair, where this could be a variety of issues....since that is a new-ish Dell system (and I hate to do you like this) it would be best to contact their customer service support and walk them through the issue with you. It could end up being a warranty issue and you really don't want to go fishing around in there hunting in a way they could perceive as voiding said.

Nov 25, 2021
i have the exact same problem, but never while playing games
are you using windows 11 too?

Yeah I am using Windows 11 - it might have something to do with Windows 11 specifically but I haven't reverted back to Windows 10 yet, however I did turn off "Hardware Acceleration" within my browser and I haven't noticed it for almost half a day now. You can try that out & see if it works for you as well.

Parroty69

Commendable
Oct 27, 2021
I have the same problem too. I am also using Windows 11. Maybe this is an issue with Windows 11? This happens to me when I'm watching a video on youtube or something. The taskbar also has that effect (maybe it is not a problem with the browser?)

Parroty69

Commendable
Oct 27, 2021
Yeah I am using Windows 11 - it might have something to do with Windows 11 specifically but I haven't reverted back to Windows 10 yet, however I did turn off "Hardware Acceleration" within my browser and I haven't noticed it for almost half a day now. You can try that out & see if it works for you as well.
Does it still have the problem? If not, what did you do to fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.