[SOLVED] Monitor turns off and on repeatedly on startup

Azamato

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2009
It started happening since a week or two when I start the PC or wake it up after going to sleep mode, the monitor turns on and off continuously.. the only solution for it is to hit the reset button around 7 times and then it goes back to normal and it works throughout the whole day even when playing games and what not.

What can the issue be? I hope I don't have to buy a new gfx card or monitor since I'm gonna be off to Japan in 3 months.. I didn't change anything before it started happening

- GTX 1060 3GB graphics card and an LG monitor that is pretty old but still looking fine.

Side note: I tried updating the drivers from nvidia but for some reason the updater gave me an error so maybe that has something to do with it?

If anyone can help me out I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

Solution
It started happening since a week or two when I start the PC or wake it up after going to sleep mode, the monitor turns on and off continuously.. the only solution for it is to hit the reset button around 7 times and then it goes back to normal and it works throughout the whole day even when playing games and what not.

What can the issue be? I hope I don't have to buy a new gfx card or monitor since I'm gonna be off to Japan in 3 months.. I didn't change anything before it started happening

- GTX 1060 3GB graphics card and an LG monitor that is pretty old but still looking fine.

Side note: I tried updating the drivers from nvidia but for some reason the updater gave me an error so maybe that has something to do with it?

If...

If anyone can help me out I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

Although it LOOKS fine, dont mean something isnt outdated, or wrong with the monitor.

If your trying to update using Experience, and it errors out. Fully uninstall then reinstall experience. I used to have some issues with it as well, the reinstall fixed it.

I also have had the same issue with having to reboot my older pc multiple times until it finally showed up on screen. The issue never went away no matter what n I ended up building a entire new pc.

Solution