Question Monitor turns off occasionally but PC still runs with code 00

Status
Not open for further replies.

braveshock

Reputable
Dec 27, 2017
Hi,
I need some help with my PC. From time to time my pc either during gaming or even web surfing or being in windows stops responding. Monitor is going down hoverver all other components like fans, pump, LED work. Im not able to use restart button and even start button, it does not do anything. I have to switch off the power on PSU and then start computer again. Asus montherboard is giving me code 00 with orange LED beneath the code and as far as I understand code 00 means nothing. I changed the ram, added 4pin power for CPU, a reset BIOS through batter and had this issue today after 4 days of running PC without any problem. Today it happened when I was in game menu after raid in Tarkov
Other components:
CPU - 5800x3d
GPU - 3080Ti
PSU - Corsair 750x
RAM - Gskill 2x16 DDR4 3600 CL16 (I had Corsair 4x8GB 3000 and had the same issue so it cannot be ram problem)
MB - ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VIII DARK HERO . BIOS 4201
What could be the issue? Temperatures either on CPU or GPU do not exceed 70degress. On both components I have Corsair waterblocks. Is it possible that PSU is giving me this issue?
Thank for your help!

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Reflash the BIOS, then clear the CMOS(with the system powered down and disconnected from the wall and display, with the battery out for at least 30 mins). How old is the PSU in your build?

added 4pin power for CPU
Can you elaborate?

braveshock

Reputable
Dec 27, 2017
Reflash the BIOS, then clear the CMOS(with the system powered down and disconnected from the wall and display, with the battery out for at least 30 mins). How old is the PSU in your build?

added 4pin power for CPU
Can you elaborate?
PSU is about 4-5 years old I believe
4pin CPU its additional power for CPU. There is 8pin to power motherboard and additional 4pin for CPU. It does not required to be powered (thats what manula says) but wanted to see if it helps.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.