Question Monitor turns off when other one is plugged in

Jun 9, 2024
I have 3 monitors, I just replaced one with another one, but only 2 will work at once (My secondary and primary monitor, or my primary and tertiary monitor). I have no clue as to why this is happening, the secondary monitor is the same as the primary monitor so I didn't think I would have any issues. Any ideas?

They all take DP inputs, and they all did before aswell before the replacement

Please add further details, since the issue may lay within a specific choice of hardware or setup :
  • What OS (W11, server, ...) ?
  • What graphic card?
  • What GPU driver is installed ?
  • What monitors ?
  • What monitor is connected to what DP connection (they're usually numbered) - or are the monitors connected to each other in some manner ?

Jun 9, 2024
Please add further details, since the issue may lay within a specific choice of hardware or setup :
  • What OS (W11, server, ...) ?
  • What graphic card?
  • What GPU driver is installed ?
  • What monitors ?
  • What monitor is connected to what DP connection (they're usually numbered) - or are the monitors connected to each other in some manner ?
W11, 3070 FE, 545.92, 2 AW2725DF and some unknown 4k Samsung monitor. All three are plugged in with DP separately. The primary AW monitor is 1, secondary is 2, and the Samsung is 3. I've tried all fixes I can find online and none seem to work. Everything worked perfectly fine with the other secondary monitor about 2 hours ago, don't know why this is happening now

In display settings, the display is recognised but is on 'Disconnect Display'. Whenever I change to extend, it just switches right back.

Can you be specific at what point does it work, and what particular changes and in what order you do the changes, and at which point it fails.
Also - what particular monitor does turn off?
Have you tried to swap monitors so they're connected in a different order ?

Jun 9, 2024
Can you be specific at what point does it work, and what particular changes and in what order you do the changes, and at which point it fails.
Also - what particular monitor does turn off?
Have you tried to swap monitors so they're connected in a different order ?
The monitors work immediately after one of the others are unplugged. If i plug in 2nd monitor, it turns off 3rd and enables 2nd, and viceversa. I've also tried to swap the monitors to be connected in a different order but to no avail

Jun 9, 2024
Do you attempt to use max resolution on all monitors? What happens if you reduce to 1920x1080 ?
tried that, nothing. same with the refresh rate. shouldn't have changed anything anyway, the monitor i am replacing has the same resolution and refresh rate as the new one

i've seen alot of people when searching this up, having this issue with dell hardware, so I'm going to put it down to that. Not sure how i'd go about fixing that issue though.