[SOLVED] Monitor turns off when playing games ?

Feb 12, 2021
My PC Monitor suddenly turns off while playing games but the issue does not occur when playing Low-End Games like GTA San Andreas and etc. The issue occurs when I'm trying to play GTA V, Sniper Elite 2, and Metro Last Light Redux. When my monitor is off my PC is still on.

PS: My GPU is brand new & I have Generic Power Supply

My PC Specs
Motherboard: MSI 7817
CPU: Intel i3 4150 3.5GHz
RAM: 16GB RAM
GPU: GTX 1060 6GB
SSD: Tammuz 128GB
HDD: Toshiba 1TB
PSU: HiP ATX 750w

Solution
that is probably the problem
the PSU probably can't supply the power needed to run screen in those games, so it turns it off to make sure the more important things still have power, that being CPU. It can also cause USB to shut off as well.

Even though it says 750 on side, many generic ones can't do even close to that and can give more or less than they say. Can cook parts, kill things instead of power them.

Does PSU have an exact model?

looking at the problems you have been having in previous posts, I could guess PSU with screen going black as well.

Colif

Win 11 Master
that is probably the problem
the PSU probably can't supply the power needed to run screen in those games, so it turns it off to make sure the more important things still have power, that being CPU. It can also cause USB to shut off as well.

Even though it says 750 on side, many generic ones can't do even close to that and can give more or less than they say. Can cook parts, kill things instead of power them.

Does PSU have an exact model?

looking at the problems you have been having in previous posts, I could guess PSU with screen going black as well.

Reactions: boredagain99
Solution