[SOLVED] Monitor turns off with slightest movement of power cable --- new monitor has same problem ?

Aug 31, 2021
Hi, I hope everyone is doing well. I have an issue where if the power cable for my monitor is touched in the slightest, the monitor turns off. This includes slight adjustments to the monitor. At first I thought this was just a problem with my monitor but after I upgraded my monitor to a new one for working from home, the same issue occurs, so now I think it could be due to something different?
Thanks in advance!

Solution
Try another known working power cable between outlet and monitor(s).

If the problem continues try another known working electrical outlet.

My thought is that there is a loose electrical connection and that any movement causes a short.

Try a small lamp in any suspect outlet. Determine if the problem continues.

Ralston18

Titan
Try another known working power cable between outlet and monitor(s).

If the problem continues try another known working electrical outlet.

My thought is that there is a loose electrical connection and that any movement causes a short.

Try a small lamp in any suspect outlet. Determine if the problem continues.

Solution

kanewolf

Titan
Hi, I hope everyone is doing well. I have an issue where if the power cable for my monitor is touched in the slightest, the monitor turns off. This includes slight adjustments to the monitor. At first I thought this was just a problem with my monitor but after I upgraded my monitor to a new one for working from home, the same issue occurs, so now I think it could be due to something different?
Thanks in advance!
Yeah, the outlet is the obvious common denominator.