Question Monitor turns on but won't show anything

facusml16

Prominent
Apr 1, 2018
I got this monitor from AcerRecertified, an X
IMG-20191002-142605.jpg
F250Q, a 240hz factory refurbished monitor for $180 which is a great price, and, given how I'm not living in the US (and after looking up reviews about AcerRecertified products and finding most reviews favorable) I decided to buy it, and ship it to Uruguay (where I live) through a courier, now after a while, the monitor arrived today, the monitor doesn't have any noticeable scratches or anything, but the packaging could be reaaally be improved (Idk if the packaging was the one acer sent it in or if the courier inspected the product (bc of custom controls of my country) and put it into a new box but anyway, it was the first thing I noticed, the bad packaging), I took off the monitor and put it all together with the stand, the stand was great, not the sturdiest but decent enough, however after I plugged the DP (stock DP) in the monitor and the my gpu, and also plugging the power cable and turning on the monitor and pc, my monitor showed just exactly what you see in the image and nothing else, waited 5 mins, 10m, 15m... Nothing, absolutely nothing. And I know my pc works just fine bc I've been using another monitor up til now and never had an issue, I also tried using my hdmi cable (the one I use for my other monitor) but it just didn't work either, I contacted support and explained my situation, my only option is to return it to the US for a full refund, but obviously the shipping is on my end, so basically, $65+ (over 300usd in total if u consider the price of the monitor, shipping and all) easily, I just want to kms tbh, worst bet I've done so far, risked too much on this buy.
I just hope this is an issue that can be solved by myself or smth.

Also, my system specs:
*CPU: i3-6100
*GPU: RX 560
*PSU: Corsair CX450 (the newer version)
*RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR4 Patriot 2133MHz
*Mobo: Gigabyte Ga-h110m-h

facusml16

Prominent
Apr 1, 2018
I'll appreciate whatever advise you give me, I'm just lost at what to do, had an awful headache the whole day and was distracted the entire time in class, worst buy experience I've had til now, and yes, not gonna use that courier not even once again, only time I use them and go through this (acer support said they had tested the monitor before hand and it's most likely a physical failure so I'm inclined to think something happened while dealing with the packaging on the courier's end, also, looked it up and their return policy is for every latinamerican country but it doesn't applies for Uruguay... I want to end myself)... So uhh

TRENDING THREADS