[SOLVED] Monitor turns random color screen and loses signal every time i boot into my desktop, and PC becomes unresponsive.

Siltant

Prominent
Aug 28, 2020
If any moderators are here, this is my first post on Tom's Hardware Forums and I don't really know much about how it works.
If I am posting this in the wrong section, please notify me and I will make this thread in another section.
A few weeks ago, I just built a new PC. Specs here:
https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Siltant/saved/K9bHzy
Anyway, everything was going okay for the past week or two. Although I had a couple of BSOD's, the problem wasn't that big.
However, last night, when I turned on my PC and booted into my desktop, 10 seconds later, my monitor would just turn a random color screen, and lose signal.
My PC would become completely unresponsive until I restart it and try to turn it on again. I've tried HDMI instead of DP, but the same thing would happen.
I put this under graphics cards because I assume that this is a hardware problem with my graphics card, but I wanted to post it on here just to make sure, as I am not a professional.
What I've also noticed is that whatever color my cursor is on is the color my monitor turns into.
Thank you for your time.

Solution
Have you tried clearing the CMOS?
Okay so I don't know how, but I somehow fixed the issue. I assume I messed something up in BIOS because when I turned all the settings to auto (then overclocked my RAM of course), everything seems to be working fine. Thank you for the help on this topic (that is not sarcastic, and neither is this).

Siltant

Prominent
Aug 28, 2020
Have you tried clearing the CMOS?
Okay so I don't know how, but I somehow fixed the issue. I assume I messed something up in BIOS because when I turned all the settings to auto (then overclocked my RAM of course), everything seems to be working fine. Thank you for the help on this topic (that is not sarcastic, and neither is this).

Reactions: rocktalkrock
Solution