Monitor/tv for PS4 and PS3!

JPWells123

Honorable
Nov 19, 2013
Hello. Want to get a monitor/tv, preferably 24inches (or smaller) for gaming on the PS3 and PS4. What does anyone recommend?

JPWells123

Honorable
Nov 19, 2013
That's fine! Well, I'll be gaming at my desk in my room. I'm also very used to playing on a small set, so suppose it's just my 'type' of size now! But yeh, I thought that would be my maximum size. Also, I'm on a budget of around £200 (student)

Perfectly understandable.
A 24 inch is normally not small for PC gaming but for consoles its considered small (as the normal situation is playing in your living room with a considerable distance from it. Thats why i asked).

Now, on your budget, the quality/differences from one monitor to another are going to be rather small.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=sr_nr_p_n_feature_keywords_0?rh=n%3A340831031%2Cn%3A428652031%2Ck%3Amonitor%2Cp_n_feature_browse-bin%3A319912031%7C319913031%2Cp_36%3A428447031%2Cp_n_feature_keywords_browse-bin%3A1628557031&keywords=monitor&ie=UTF8&qid=1392738277&rnid=1628550031

I did a rought check on prices and similar and it seems you should be able to get into the price range you are looking for.
So, Brands that i can recomend are Dell and Samsung.
Dell usually has the best picture quality (mathematicly speaking)
Samsung is not too far away from it.
Other brands its a hit and miss, and you would have to check individual data on each model you are interested (googleing reviews for each model).

Finally, LCD vs LED is a bit of a personal decision.
Led looks better, no doubt about that. Better colors, deeper blacks, etc.
LCD tends to have less problems with blur/ghosting.
Now... 2013 models of LED monitors should NOT have this problem at all, but its better to google the model just to be sure.
If you need more specifics let me know.

First is usually input lag is far smaller (The time from when you press a key to the instant you see it happen on your Monitor/tv).
This is usually the highest benefit.
Apart from that, Monitors tend to be more expensive than TVs from 24 to 32 inches.
Monitors also have a high adjusting stand, something important if you are watching it from a small distance.

For competitive gaming (I mean really competitive, like trying to get always best of the online party in CoD, or similar) i think a monitor can be the better choice, but for more fun gaming a TV with low input lag usually is better due to bigger screen.

The only important thing if you decide to go the TV way is not to mistake "response time" with "Input lag".