Question Monitor/TV Recommendation for 3080Ti

Sep 5, 2021
Hi everyone,

My 3080 Ti is on the way. I couldn't select a monitor. I am leaning towards more into TVs, such as LG G1 48" OLED or Samsung QN90A 43" mini QLED. The reason for that is monitors are not powerful when it comes to HDR. I checked LG's Ultragear monitors but they are not good for HDR effects. Then I've found that people are using LG G1 OLED TVs as PC monitors, but then there is the risk of pixel burn-in. After that I saw Samsung QN90A 43 inch TV. However 43" size is not available at the moment and I saw in the reviews that this TV is plagued with dirty screen effect and it lacks dolby vision. I cannot find or choose anything to buy!

What do you think guys? Shall I wait for the QN90A or do you have any other recommendations?

Last edited:

larsv8

Distinguished
LG CX 48' OLED user here and I think it is an outstanding display. Bought from Best Buy because their warranty covers burn in.

Some minor gripes about it being a TV, but while in game, it is spectacular.

You might consider the GIGABYTE OLED, which is newer, and I am sure uses the same panel. There havent been too many reviews yet, but it is actually a monitor (and not a TV which annoys me about the CX), and which may see some incremental improvements over the LG CX

Only note I would say, is make sure your desk can handle a display of that size. You don;t want to sit too close.

Sep 5, 2021
LG CX 48' OLED user here and I think it is an outstanding display. Bought from Best Buy because their warranty covers burn in.

Some minor gripes about it being a TV, but while in game, it is spectacular.

You might consider the GIGABYTE OLED, which is newer, and I am sure uses the same panel. There havent been too many reviews yet, but it is actually a monitor (and not a TV which annoys me about the CX), and which may see some incremental improvements over the LG CX

Only note I would say, is make sure your desk can handle a display of that size. You don;t want to sit too close.
Thanks for the reply. With a 5 year warranty, it becomes way expensive though. I will probably get the QN90a, because it has the option for 43", which is a bit smaller that LG. However, it is not available at the moment.

Sep 5, 2021
I've found out that 43" QN90A is only 60Hz at 4K. With that price point it is a joke. Scratched it from my list. Now back to LG G1 OLED...

ASK THE COMMUNITY